Mr. Meadows Staff Spotlight

Davis Stanley

Mr. Meadows takes a moment to smile while enlightening Freshman students on parabolas.

Veteran math teacher Dave Meadows has served the GHS community for 20 years, and anyone who has had the pleasure of attending his class will attest to his legendary status. Mr. Meadows currently teaches Algebra 1 but has previously taught Algebra 2, Pre-calculus, and Statistics at Green High. Before his time at Green High, Meadows taught at Waynedale High School for nine years and at Conotton Valley for three years. While at Conotton Valley, Meadows helped to shape Mr. Owen’s vast mathematical abilities. Meadows is a proven student favorite as he delivers a special aspect to his teaching. He provides a professional learning environment with perplexing humor sprinkled from time to time. With his 31.75 years of experience, Meadows properly displays his so-called “veteran savviness” daily with students. Senior Jules Beyes explained Meadows’s quirky personality that makes him stand out.
“Not a day went by in Mr. Meadows Algebra 1 class where I wouldn’t be non-stop laughing at his humor from the back of the class,” Beyes said. Other than making his students laugh, Meadows has accomplished many accolades at Green High. Meadows earned a Spotlight on Staff award provided by the Green Schools Foundation in November of 2017 as well as earning perfect attendance seven times in his years at Green High. Besides being an all-star teacher, Mr. Meadows has been a part of football coaching and scheming for 20 years at Green High. He began his coaching journey with eighth-grade football and has moved up the ladder as far as varsity football. Today, he has since moved back down and now serves the role of an eighth-grade football coach.
“Football is all about teamwork and attention to detail sprinkled with raw athleticism,” Meadows said.
Mr. Meadows attended Grove City College from 1988 to 1991 and during that time, he lettered four times in Varsity baseball as a pitcher. The doc later received his degree in mathematics with secondary education.

Q&As:
Q. Have you ever met a celebrity or a very popular public figure?
Otto Graham, I met him in 1994 and was able to work as a fantasy football assistant in his quarterback group at the HOF. My wife’s tenure at the Pro Football Hall of Fame allowed me to meet several other professional athletes including Tom Landry, Gale Sayers, Walter Payton, Deacon Jones, ( i won’t mention any Steelers:), and Kellen Winslow to name a few….
Q. Favorite vacation destination?
I would have to say Fort Myers beach because we spent ten years in the summer going there and making memories. I would love to spend time graphing trig functions in the sand and finding their zeros and inflection points. Once in a while, I would help pay for the vacation with small wagers from non-trigonometric savvy onlookers.
Q. What’s your biggest pet peeve
I can’t stand little rascals that can’t sharpen their pencil because on their paper it looks like charcoal or a piece of petrified wood whenever they write with it.
Q. Do you have any superstitions?
Back when I played baseball, I never would wash my uniform after wins. I was always opposed to training staff washing my stuff because they always did in college.                                                                                                                                                                           Q. What do you love most about Green High School?
The intensity each day brings and the work ethic we develop with many of the students!
Q. What’s the hardest aspect of algebra to teach in your opinion?
Algebra is a math language that takes exact technique and repetition neither of which is pleasant for most young students in today’s electronic age 🙂
Q. If you never became a teacher what job would you pursue?
Most likely a financial analyst for a company or a greenskeeper for a golf course.
Q. Do you have any hobbies?
Golf, Weight lifting, Softball, and billiards.
Q. Favorite movie
Major League
Q. Favorite band
Van Halen plus several bands from the lost era of ’80s rock