GHS Dance Team Competes at States

Green High School Facebook

The GHS Dance Team poses with their trophies after the OASSA State Competition

This season, the dance team continues to shock the student body with many students commenting on how blown away they are from their performances. The dance team, known best for their basketball performances both pregame and halftime, strives for further greatness this year as they conducted a variety of specialty performances. So far, they led an alumni night as well as their normal routine.
Recently, on Jan. 27, 2023, the team performed a prolonged performance at pregame, rather than halftime, in place to act as a sendoff. At the conclusion of their performance, they waved goodbye to the crowd, and immediately left on a bus to travel to the state competition in Columbus. At this competition, the team placed second in pom, third in jazz, and fourth in hip hop.
Senior Kacy Vanscoy commented “This was the closest we’ve been to 1st place in a long time. For pom, we were only 1.6 points away, compared to the 30 points away we were last year.” These placements led the dancers to be exceptionally proud of themselves, for they placed higher than previous years.
Also, on Feb. 2, 2023, the team endured their annual guy-girl performance: a fan favorite. In this performance, each dancer is given an inexperienced guy as a counterpart. This performance is not based on skill, but rather for fun and a good laugh among the crowd.
Ryan Harrigle, a senior from Green who was paired with his girlfriend Kacy Vanscoy, stated “that performance was one of the best experiences in my life. It was a great way to end my minimal dancing career.” Harrigle and Vanscoy have danced together for the guy-girl dance all four years of their high school experience. Also, Junior Landry Torres found a love for high school dance in recent years with many performances under her belt.
“This is the first time since I’ve been on the team that we’ve had every girl do every single dance. We honestly just have a really talented group this year and were determined to do well. With that being said, we put 110% to everything we did and with the help of our coaches we ended up having a very successful season,” stated Torres when asked for her opinion on why the dance team sees more positive feedback this year than in the past. The dance team continues to finish the season strong, and they look to continue to amaze the crowd for both the home and away fans.