The Student News Site of Green High School

Paw Print

Paw Print

Paw Print

Goodbye, skinny jeans.

The Skinny on Skinny Jeans: A Farewell to a Fashion Staple
Goodbye, skinny jeans.

Although trends come and go, one iconic long lasting fashion piece that has ruled people’s fashion for years is the skinny jean which once was the most popular fashion staple. For years, skinny jeans have been the go-to choice for many people’s everyday outfits. They hugged curves, accented on people’s body shape and effortlessly paired with everything from oversized sweaters to crop tops. However, as fashion is evolving, it’s time to say goodbye to this beloved trend.
So, what’s causing the leaving of skinny jeans? Well, fashion is evolving. Gen Z, the newest trendsetters of our generation, are settling for a different type of jean, more relaxed styles like mom jeans and wide-leg jeans. These baggier options offer more comfort and versatility.
Social media influencers and celebrities contribute to the shift away from skinny jeans. With their massive followings, influencers have the power to set trends and shape the way their followers dress. influencers wear baggier styles which influence followers to do so leaving skinny jeans in the dust
Fashion allows people to show individuality and personality, and for many, skinny jeans are no longer liked with the new sense of style. People want something different, something that reflects their uniqueness.
Additionally, the rise of fashion has played a role in the decline of skinny jeans. From the article “Trendy Skinny Jean may be bad for your Health” The author stated,
“Apparently, donning too-tight jeans may pinch a thigh nerve, causing pain and irritation. Some women describe a sensation similar to your foot falling asleep. The skintight jeans are apparently causing bouts of a condition called meralgia paresthetica, or “tingling thigh syndrome” Daniel Vasque said.
As consumers become more aware of the environmental impact of their clothing choices, they’re turning to brands who prioritize more environmentally friendly production methods and materials. Baggy jeans, often made from organic cotton or recycled denim, are seen as a more eco-friendly option compared to the makings of skinny jeans.
Despite their decline in popularity, it’s important to recognize the impact skinny jeans had on the fashion world. They’ve revolutionized denim and become a symbol of youth culture. Their legacy will live on, even as society embraces new trends.
So, as we have farewell to skinny jeans, let’s welcome the next chapter in fashion with open arms. Whether it’s embracing oversized clothing or experimenting with bold prints and textures, the world of fashion is always evolving. And who knows, maybe one day skinny jeans will make a comeback. Reminding how trends may fade, but style is timeless.

Zuriana Lester 27’
“I think they look odd and are just uncomfortable. They are hard to match with any type of clothing and mom jeans are a much better alternative because they are easier to match and more comfortable overall.”

Chloe Campbell 27’
“I think that it really depends on the outfit, Tight on Tight wouldn’t look good but a sweater and skinny jeans would look fine together.”

Sarah Saley 26’
“You can wear skinny jeans only with a baggy top. Skinny jeans are not flattering because they are skin tight and don’t match tight shifts compared to baggy jeans only”

Alexis Schaub 25’
“I feel like skinny jeans only look good in certain clothing, but other than that they don’t look good”

Libby Hubert 26’
“Skinny jeans are so 2019, they give me vsco vibes.”