The Student News Site of Green High School

Paw Print

Paw Print

Paw Print

Celebration of Education

Green Schools Foundations largest fund-raising event, The Celebration Of Education, will be taking place on Feb 24, from 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. at Green High School. This event is hosted annually and has several GHS student groups participating. The doors will open at 8:30 and tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Additionally, there will be a pancake breakfast from 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.

There will be many events and activities taking place, including the Third Grade Musical in the auditorium. In the commons there will be the Presentation of the Colors and National Anthem, the GHS Jazz Band, Clarinet Ensemble, and face painting. The senior commons will have the District Art Show. In the Gymnasium the District Robotics Club, Inflatables, Art Club, face paintings, and Student and Building Displays. Fermata Nowhere A Capella Choir will be in the Choir Room.

Taking place in the Auxiliary Gym will be the Federal League Champions boys basketball, a JROTC Drill Demonstration, a DEI Privilege Walk, GMS Cheer Mini Clinic, and the Cheer Clinic showcase. In the library will be The Scholastic Book Fair and the Laws Of Life Essay Reception. The Parent Expo will be in the Courtway Hallway and the Samsung Solve For Tomorrow Roadway Project will be in the second floor hallway, and both events will be all day. There will also be a gallery of academics , featuring student work from all Green schools.
Giveaways will also be taking place. Julie McMahan, a member of the Green Schools Foundation, explains more about the giveaways.

“Flyers, coupons, and information from the paying sponsors is placed in a welcome bag for those who attend the event,” McMahan said.

Essentially, it’s a promotional opportunity for sponsors but also a perk for those attending.

Most of these events are not taking place all day. The Green Schools Foundation website has the specific times for these activities and the locations listed.

The Celebration of Education consistently has a large turnout, so many businesses and organizations of all kinds become sponsors. They pick from five different sponsorship levels that all have different benefits.This is a great way for members of the community to discover local businesses they can then support.
Every year the money raised from this fundraiser goes towards scholarships for seniors, as well as funds for the entire district.

“It is very important for our community, and especially our voters and taxpayers to see first hand the outstanding quality of our districts’ arts, athletics, academics and community partners,” McMahan said.

The Celebration of Education not only benefits the Green Schools Foundation, but also the entire district. Other than their annual membership drive, this is their only fundraiser so those looking for a chance to contribute, this is it!