The Student News Site of Green High School

Paw Print

Paw Print

Paw Print

Could she be the First Female President?

Nikki Haley and her race for the presidency

Nikki Haley, former South Carolina governor, started her presidential campaign in Feb. 2023 to prepare for the 2024 presidential election. She and many others, like Ron DeSantis and Mike Pence, were running for the Republican party presidential nomination. However, another thing these candidates all have in common other than political views is that they all dropped out of the running. Haley was the last to leave after Super Tuesday when Donald Trump’s numbers crushed hers. This decision left many voters very surprised because Haley was making a huge impact. She is known throughout the United States for being a powerful woman.

“If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman,” Haley said.

This quote alone made many people feel like she was the next best thing and what America needed. So the real question is, why did she drop out?

There was conspiracy on whether Haley dropped out because she knew she was going to lose or maybe she did it to help Donald Trump out. The truth is that Haley was aware of the numbers and saw a crushing defeat against Trump. Her only reasonable choice was to drop out of the running, which left Trump to be the last running Republican presidential candidate. Even though Haley does believe Trump can rack up more votes, she doesn’t support him.

“It is now up to Donald Trump to earn the votes of those in our party and beyond who did not support him,” Haley said at her campaign headquarters in Charleston.

Though she does want him to win because of their common party, she does not support his views. Haley will continue to voice her political opinions and let people know they are being heard by someone. She does believe that as of right now Trump is the best for America’s sake. She may not endorse him, but she claims to know what’s best for the country.