The Student News Site of Green High School

Paw Print

Paw Print

Paw Print

A Letter From the (Future) Editor

The 2023-2024 school year is coming to an end, and we are excited to release the final issue of The Paw Print. It was another successful year as we released twelve issues, won first place at the OSMA competition, and received individual awards for multiple stories. However, with graduation approaching, we are sad to see our seniors go. They consistently worked to release as many issues as possible while updating social media and maintaining the website. There is so much that goes into each issue, and it couldn’t have been done without them.
    We could always learn something new from our seniors, whether it was concerning the Paw Print or something completely unrelated. They were great examples for all the upcoming students and immediately showed them how to work efficiently. But even more than that, they are all just amazing people, and we know they have big futures ahead.
    Thank you to our senior editors. You always got things done even when given tight deadlines or short notice. It was amazing to see all of your ideas come to life even when they seemed crazy. You pursued each story with the intent to make them the best they could be, and the paper was better for it.
    A huge thank you to our Editor-in-Chief, Mckenzie Collinsworth. Your relentless dedication is the sole reason this year was such a success. We appreciate all the late nights and early mornings you spent working on each issue to make it the best possible. The time was well spent, and this year’s issues were (we think) some of the best.
    The one person we truly couldn’t do this without is our adviser, Mrs. Natalie Tanehill. More than her being a fantastic teacher, she is also a great leader. Thank you for always being there to support us. All that The Paw Print has become would never have happened without you.
    I hope next year brings just as much success as this year did. Though this was my first year of journalism, I am confident that I can tackle the challenge of being the new editor. The nice thing about this situation is that I’m not alone. I know the returning members have my back and that our new members will do phenomenal work. I hope to uphold the standards and keep producing quality issues. Thank you, readers, for coming back to see what we create each edition, and checking out our website and social media updates. All the work we put into the paper is for your enjoyment.
    Though we will miss our seniors, we know they will go on to do great things. Moving forward, our returning staff is looking forward to another successful year. Journalism is a great class that offers fun and unique experiences. If you are considering taking the class, it’s not too late to change your schedule! A final farewell to our seniors, this issue is for you.

Aiden:

In an academic year that couldn’t get any odder, our Newspaper’s staff is going through another shake-up in preparation for next year. Almost the entirety of our editorial board are seniors, which leaves a group of hard-working juniors to pick up where they’ll leave off and take over our beloved newsmagazine.
    The bar has always been set higher year after year, and this year has been no different. Our current editor-in-chief, Mckenzie Collinsworth ‘24, decided to up the expectation of our outlet. Releasing twelve issues in a school year was an idea that made everyone queasy, but her strength and willingness to pull everyone (and everything) together made for a phenomenal year. This goes without saying, but the entire team of editors were the real chiefs this year; they made several things happen (fundraisers, events, posts, etc.), and made them all happen with nearly zero road bumps.
    Here’s to another great year, and a toast to our seniors who are abandoning us. This issue is for you.