The Student News Site of Green High School

Paw Print

Paw Print

Paw Print

Dawgs on Top

GHS Cheer Team after winning the State Competition.

Competition Cheer

The GHS competitive cheer team has dominated this competition season. They recently brought home a state title, deservingly so, after working hard all through the offseason and during practices.

“This season has been by far the most unforgettable and amazing year,” Lila Paine ‘26 said.

The girls put in an extensive amount of time at practice and individually, and successfully came together as a team for the big win.

“The team just needs to continue to work hard, and hopefully we can maintain our title as state champions,” Paine said.

The competition team has high expectations for themselves, with hopes to uphold their reputation for years to come. With the same drive and dedication, the girls will be a force to be reckoned with.

Green’s Gymnastic Team wins the Jackson Polar Bear Invitational.

Gymnastics

The 2024 edition of Green High School’s Gymnastics team is growing stronger everyday. After months of practice the girls attended their first meet, The Polar Bear Classic, and took home first place. Athletes Braxtyn Taliaferro, Lindsay Morgan, Reese Genet, and Izzy Menefee placed in multiple categories of vault, uneven bars, beams, and floor.

“I feel like as a team we are doing better than ever and feel stronger than ever” 25’ Izzy Menefee said.

Last Sunday the team competed in their second official meet the Golden Eagle Invitational where, again, they took first place with sophomore Reese Genet placing first on almost everything but vault where she placed second.

“I feel like we can improve by just mentally being prepared and overall just having fun,” Menefee said.

The teams next meet is Feb. 18th. Where they’ll compete at districts, and possibly states next Sunday, if they do well. Last year the girls did very well with hopes of improving further.

Polar Bear Invitational Places
Braxtyn – 9th on floor, 6th on vault, 10th on bars
Alyssa – 11th on vault
Avery- N/A
Reese – 1st on floor, 2nd on vault, 1st on uneven bars, 2nd on beam, 1st all around
Chelsea- N/A
Izzy – 3rd on floor, 8th on vault, 3rd on uneven bars, 10th on beam, 5th all around
Lindsay- 11th on floor, 9th on vault, 10th on uneven bars, 5th on beam, 8th all around

GHS Dance Team wins at the State Competition.

Dance Team

The GHS dance team has been on fire this season, and recently brought home a state title. The team, led by coach Wendy Shocklee, won a 2024 state title for the first time in 14 years.

“The season is going pretty well, although the state championship is over we are still dancing. We worked super hard and brought home the first title in 14 years!” Mia Willis 2025 said.

The dance team can be found performing before the basketball games and during halftime. They have multiple numbers and a variety of amazing costumes. The girls work hard at team practice and individually to progress their skills.

“We all go to different studios, so I think if we keep working on dancing in unison we will improve,” Willis said.

If you want to catch a performance, the girls continue their season until February 23, which is the last basketball of the regular season.