The Student News Site of Green High School

Paw Print

Paw Print

Paw Print

Views from the Sidelines

Sophia and Olivia review spectating three different sports

Boys Lacrosse
Sophia Wells: Despite my utter shock of seeing players run on and off the field while the game was still in play, I actually had a blast watching this game. The environment was way more exciting than I had anticipated, but I also must note that the only lacrosse game I had ever been to was my brother’s in middle school. I will say that the game was entirely more violent than I had expected. I was honestly laughing the whole time just watching these kids thwack each other with their lacrosse sticks. Regardless, it was a rather enjoyable time, so I give the experience a 8/10.

Olivia Muzi: I’m not gonna lie I was really confused throughout the entirety of the game, BUT I thoroughly enjoyed myself. One of the most notable confusing moments of the game was the random running on and off the field of the players. Do they not have to sub in and out? Why is it so hectic? And I was bamboozled into thinking there were only two quarters; BUT NO, there are two halves. Aside from that, the fanbase that comes to support the players is unreal. Families and friends were constantly cheering, ringing the cowbells, and all-over working together to support the team. While I should’ve researched a little more about the game, I enjoyed the free ability to talk without having to worry about keeping my volume down. For these reasons, I give boys lacrosse a 8/10.

Track
Sophia Wells: Ever since middle school, I have LOVED track meets. I used to visit and watch my friends run their events, while also socializing with others and having the time of my life. Safe to say that the high school track meets never disappoint. The weird tension between the teams on the field almost entirely dissipates by the end of the meet. Everyone is interacting with each other, cheering on their teammates or simply just messing around after their events. Is it definitely one of the more laid back sporting events that take place at Green High School, but I highly recommend attending if you are free. Overall, I give track meets a 9/10.

Olivia Muzi: Watching track meets gives me HEAVY anxiety. From the sound of the gun to the vomiting runners, I get PTSD anytime I step on the premises of a track meet. Again, the support from fans and teammates is incredible. However, track meets take what feels like 10 years and they are never running on time. So, you almost have to watch the entire race so you don’t miss the respective race that you came to watch. Ultimately, the experience of watching track gets a 4/10 from me.

Baseball
Sophia Wells: I will not lie, baseball is so boring to watch. Maybe it was just the game I decided to attend, but regardless I was counting down the minutes. It is the same action every single play, with the occasional impressive catch or throw. Now this isn’t a diss on the GHS Baseball team; it’s more of my lack of affinity for the sport in general. I will say, the atmosphere of the games are really relaxing. Everyone is sitting with blankets and food, having small conversations while simultaneously watching the game. The experience as a whole was easygoing, but I wouldn’t find myself returning to a game just for fun. Unfortunately, I give the baseball experience a 5/10.

Olivia Muzi: There is something so serene about watching baseball on a warm sunny day. While some might argue that the game can get boring at times, I disagree. The game of baseball is pretty easy to understand with the exception of some rules which makes it even more entertaining to watch. Not to mention, families watching the game have a calm sense of pride that Overall, the fanbase at baseball games is top tier. While I may be biased because I grew up watching baseball, nonetheless, I give it a 10/10.