The Student News Site of Green High School

Paw Print

Paw Print

Paw Print

Smoothie Study

Mal & Nina taste the smoothies of the summer around green

Nectar:
Mallory Order: Merry Berry
When it comes to picking a smoothie place, Nectar has always been my go-to. Whether it was after school, after softball, or even just a road trip, my mom and I would always go to Nectar. Every time we went, I would always order the same thing: 16 oz Merry Berry. The Merry Berry contains raspberry juice, strawberries, and orange sherbert. I know the ingredients sound simple, but there is just something about the sweet taste of strawberries mixed with the tart taste of orange sherbert and raspberry juice that forms the perfect smoothie. The cost of a 16 oz smoothie at Nectar costs $5.49, which may seem fairly expensive, but it is actually the cheapest smoothie on the list! Whether it is the nostalgia of car rides with my mom, or the delectable taste of the Merry Berry, Nectar Smoothie Cafe will always stand at the top of my list. I get Nectar 5/5 stars.
Nina Order: Strawberry Banana
I would consider myself a big fan of a nice, refreshing smoothie in the summer. In my opinion, the place to go is Nectar. I love all kinds of smoothies, however, my all time favorite is a good ole strawberry banana smoothie. To me, it’s perfect. When considering where to go to get a smoothie, my criteria is based upon how well the quality of the strawberry banana smoothie is. If they can’t perfect a smoothie as simple as that, then how are the other smoothies supposed to be good? I’ve been to a fair amount of places that have failed miserably at making a good strawberry banana smoothie. However, Nectar has never done me wrong. On top of that, they have a quality selection of different flavors. Their menu also features smoothies for those who are more concerned about their diet. Whether you want a classic smoothie or one filled with protein, Nectar has it all for you with a terrific taste. Nectar gets 5/5 stars!
Beyond:
Mallory Order: Alive
I go to Beyond very, very rarely because I spend a majority of my time at Nectar, but when I do go, I typically order the Alive. The Alive contains peaches, strawberries, bananas, oranges, and vitamin C. Beyond is known for containing ingredients that are healthier and better for you than other places, which is a bright side, but they do lack in the taste. I have a sweet tooth, so I don’t spend a lot of my time at Beyond. I am not really a fan of the bitter taste of every smoothie and the extreme price of everything, but hey, it’s healthy what can I say. The price of a regular smoothie at Beyond is a whopping $10.28! If you are someone who wants to pay a very high price for a very mid but semi- healthy smoothie, Beyond is the place for you, but it isn’t for me. I give Beyond ⅖ stars.
Nina Order: Mango Tango
In all honesty, I’ve only been to Beyond one time, but that one visit was enough for me. When I got there, the menu looked amazing with different flavors that looked refreshing and yummy. I decided on the mango tango smoothie which has mango, pineapple, banana, cream of coconut, and honey. The second I got it and took a sip, disappointment took over. It tasted so bland with the slightest fruity taste. It also had an underlying bitter taste that I couldn’t quite put my finger on. It just wasn’t good. On a completely different note, it is way WAY too expensive. I can understand why the food there might be a little higher in price, however, for the smoothies I don’t think paying $10 could be justified. You’re paying way too much for a smoothie that doesn’t even taste that good. I would definitely recommend saving your money and going elsewhere. Beyond gets 1.5/5 stars.
Pulp:
Mallory Order: Pulp Swirl
I have been to Pulp a good amount of times in my life because of the convenient location on Arlington Road. When I go, I always order the Pulp Swirl, which contains apple juice, blueberries, peaches, orange sherbert, and raspberry sherbert. As it can be seen, this smoothie isn’t the healthiest, but it sure is good! It is the perfect mix of sweet and tart flavors, leaving a pleasant taste in the mouth. Pulp is a lot like Nectar in their ingredients and prices, $6.00 for a regular 16 oz cup. Pulp also offers smoothies that contain different vitamins and proteins to help one through the day, which is also a plus side to their menu. Although I don’t go to Pulp as much as Nectar, they make a solid smoothie, so I can’t complain. I give Pulp 3.5/5 stars.
Nina Order: Citrus Berry
Every time I’ve been to Pulp, I’ve had a good experience. My favorite smoothie to get is the Citrus Berry. It has orange juice, cranberry juice, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, raspberry sherbert, and yogurt. It quite literally tastes like a fruity explosion in my mouth. I can’t stress enough how good it is. The best part about this smoothie is that it’s $6 for a regular size. Most of the smoothies on the menu are under $10. They taste fantastic and they’re not extremely overpriced which makes Pulp the perfect place to stop for a smoothie on a budget. In my opinion, I would say Pulp and Nectar are similar when it comes to flavors and pricing. You couldn’t go wrong with going to either. However, I tend to lean towards Nectar when it comes to getting a smoothie. But Pulp gets 4/5 stars.